Re: [CQ-Contest] 2008 CQ WW 160m DX Contest - Missing Class???

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2008 CQ WW 160m DX Contest - Missing Class???
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 21:22:34 -0800
Bob, K0RC, wrote:

> the Grand wisdom style of the CQWW rulemakers, they have provided a
definite "buffer zone" between LP and HP classes. Just try running 150 Watts
> see what happens. Disqualification, I am afraid. It's clearly stated in
the rules! Sorry, you cannot run 150 Watts. Period.

A *buffer zone* - what a brilliant idea.

Hey, maybe all Contest Sponsors should also add a new *Cheater* Category for
their events.  Let all the bad boys knock themselves out with 100KW (or
more) amps, 5 stations and 10 Assistant operators per-band, etc.  Call it an
"Anything Goes" category for those who would prefer a more politically
correct term.

Yeah, that might work. Bring it on!!!

Rick, K6VVA

CQ-Contest mailing list