[CQ-Contest] KT0R - Active for Kids Day

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] KT0R - Active for Kids Day
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:32:59 -0800 (PST)
Forwarded for Jim KE0L
"James Fielder" <jafielder@earthlink.net>

I will be heading up an event to get the children of Dave Ranney-SK
(KT0R) and their friends on the air for Kids Day starting at 1pm Central
time this coming Sunday.   We will be using the Midwest Contest Group club
call of KT0R for the event.  I know this conflicts with RTTY RU but please
take time to listen for them and say hello to Alex or Ben (Dave's boys) or
their friend Dylan on Sunday afternoon.  As many of you are aware, Alex and
Ben lost their dad (Dave Ranney) to cancer last September.   We all want to
keep the boys interested in radio with hopes that one day they become
licensed themselves.  Please look for us on 20m (14.270-14.300) and 40m
(7.270-7.290) between 1pm and 1:30pm (Central time) or later if they stay
interested.    We will use 20m as the primary station and if the boys want
to operate at the same time, we will also be on 40m in the frequency range
specified above.

Hope to hear you this weekend!

Jim
KE0L