[TowerTalk] beverage transformers?

To: "reflector cq-contest" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>,<antennas@qth.net>, "reflector -tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"YCCC" <yccc@yccc.org>
Subject: [TowerTalk] beverage transformers?
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 18:02:06 +0000
Ok, has anyone done comparisons between the various 2 wire beverage
transformers??  My old homebrew ones are starting to show their age.  These
are for the original on4un design with wires spaced about 10-12" apart 8'
above ground.  I need to have both receive directions available all the
time, so no switching needed.

I have found 3 sources so far:
http://www.dxengineering.com/Products.asp?ID=107&SecID=32&DeptID=12
which seems to have the nicest looking boxes, all metal, with nice terminals
and wingnuts... but has some kind of powered switching to use one feedline
if you don't want 2 that would be a waste for me.  75 ohm F connectors.

http://www.qsl.net/k1fz/
in plastic boxes. apparently customized to the wire height and spacing you
have.  50 ohm so-239 outputs.

http://www.radiobooks.com/products/sv2bevsys.htm
also plastic boxes but potted in polyurethane?  Designed for ladder line,
zip cord, or twisted pair.  75 ohm F connectors.

Are there others I have missed??  Any comparisons or observations on them??

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net