Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Reflections

To: "'Dennis OConnor'" <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Reflections
From: "Professional Home Inspections" <Paul@ProHomeInspector.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:18:38 -0500
OK Dennis,

 You are showing your AGE.

SPACE CADETS _ VERSION 1
CQ CQ CQ - No Lids, No Kids, No Space Cadets -- "Attributed to the late
W2OY, Mike, back in the late 40's on 75 meters when it was a Class "A" only
band.
Mike was known around the northeast for this everytime he called CQ."
>From Bob Wilder, W4RHW

SPACE CADETS - VERSION 2
If you didn't hear W2OY, you missed a one-of-a-kind. Actually, he said, "CQ
CQ CQ. No kids, no lids, no school bus riders or space cadets. No kings, no
queens, no jacks. This is the NO PHONETICS station, W2OY." I heard that hams
in his town got so worked up over his antics, that somebody sneaked into his
yard one night and drove a pin through his coax, but I have no way of
knowing whether this story is true. -- From Bill, NG3O

He was still doing that back in '63 when I got licensed as WB2ITU and he
would not talk to me, as I was a SPACE CADET (High School Freshman). I would
call him, and he would go into his rant and rave. It was cool, all of us
young hams would call him just to hear him go OFF!! I know someone in
Buffalo still has an audio recording of his CQ, maybe I can find out at this
Friday's WNYDXA meeting.

Yes the story was true about the pins in the coax. At least that is what I
was told back then.

Paul K2DB