Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...

To: "'Gerry Hull'" <gerry@w1ve.com>,"'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...
From: "Chet, N8RA" <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:51:28 -0500
Gerry,

The realtime score reporting has added a new neat dimension to radiosport
here, whether I am set up for single op assisted, or non-assisted, or
multiop.

It has really been a nice motivator to keep going. What frequently happens
is that I/we are close in score to someone I/we never heard of before, and
we then run a horserace, sometimes ahead, sometimes behind. We kind of find
our own level in the stack. I usually only take a close look at it before or
after a break, which is also when I check the various reflectors e-mails
etc.

I've tried it now for 4 or 5 events, and the nature of each experience has
been surprisingly different but always has been a very positive increase in
the fun factor.

Thanks and 73,
Chet, N8RA