[CQ-Contest] Another way to be a lid

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Another way to be a lid
From: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:40:45 -0500
Alternate subject: Belated apology

Back in NAQP CW I was on for a few hours Saturday night.  (I've been too busy
to post this since then.)  I was calling CQ and got the beginning of a response
when K1DG called in, louder and faster.  Of course I took 'DG, but as I made a
typo in his call ("K1DV"), too late to correct and hit F2.  No problem; I'll
use the paddles.

Right hand reaches for paddles; left hand reaches for keyer speed knob; right
foot reaches for footswitch -- where the *&%^ is the footswitch (accompanied by
groping with feet).  It seems I had kicked it way back under the desk.  By the
time I found it, it was too late to work anybody.

(Notice that this problem would not have happened with paper logging :>)  )

So, apologies to 'DG and to the other op, for wasting your time and for
sounding like a lid.

Just please don't think I was ignoring you to do something with the second
radio.  I don't have a second radio, and I think it's unethical when somebody
does that to me.

73, Art K3KU