Re: [CQ-Contest] Another logging ethics query

To: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another logging ethics query
From: "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:11:08 +0000
The only way to avoid this problem is for the S/P guy to send your
call when he comes back and gives you his exchange. It is simple
enough to do in CT or Writelog (and probably other software) by just
hitting the INSERT key instead of F2. The INSERT key will send the
other station's call plus the exchange rather than only the exchange.

I think the burden of proof is on the S/P station to confirm that he
is working you and not the other guy next to you in frequency.

For that reason, if I am pretty sure he didn't work me, the QSO would
be removed. This is the S/P station's fault and not your fault.

73, Richard - K5NA