[CQ-Contest] SO2R Technical Question - Round III - Antennas

To: CQcontest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Technical Question - Round III - Antennas
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 06:15:12 -0800 (PST)
Wow....

I've learned a lot about SO2R installations over the last week.  Thanks for all
the emails and responses.  Now, here is another questions.....

Antennas.  I think I have an issue with antennas because of make up of my
location.  I have a 60 foot tower with a C3E - 80 and 40 meter inverted -V
dipoles on separate feedlines but at the same height on the tower, a 160 meter
Inverted-L on the tower...and a full size quarter-wave vertical in the yard
with 32 radials.  I was planning on changing out the vertical for a Butternut 6
band model or something similar, but as I was looking at the installation the
antenna would be very close to both the 160 -80- and 40 meter antennas....less
than 15 feet.  I am on an 80 by 150 foot lot.  (I think SO2R is gonna get
expensive when I tell the YL we have to move!)  So, is it worthwhile to even
consider doing SO2R on such a small lot because of the proximity of the
antennas.  This is a considerable investment....minus the new farmstead.

Lee - K0WA
"Going to buy a Lottery Ticket...."

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?