Re: [CQ-Contest] Using ON4KST-chat

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Using ON4KST-chat
From: "Jukka Klemola" <jukka.klemola@elisanet.fi>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:58:00 +0200
>The place to draw the line is at what CQ WW defines as active or
passive
>use. Passive use of packet is permitted, active use is not permitted.
>
>Very simple, and *all* contests should adopt that standard.
>73,
>Bob W5OV

? I am getting lost.

I think all contests define where the contacts should be made.

It may be 160m or some bands, or even 2M.
Modes are usually defined, too.

I have not seen any contest suggesting any wired LAN or internet as the
medium and IP as the mode.

In case there are people who simply cannot get that I feel sorry for
them.

..there is clear evidence of people having used 600 ohm analogue audio
frequency based communications for the same use case as some use the IP
based chat today...

Nothing new under the Sun, but I certainly hope those entrants will be a
small minority.

73 to those who comprehend this,
Jukka OH6LI