Re: [CQ-Contest] 4 Square/ Raised Radial Questions

To: k3bu@optonline.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 4 Square/ Raised Radial Questions
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 06:37:28 -0500
Yuri, you're not reading the Stackmatch description carefully enough.  The
K8UR array is parasitic, and relies on a switchbox that disconnects all
antennas except the one that is driven, and then uses the floating
feedlines as inductive loads to make the undriven antennas appear as
reflectors.

As array solutions says, the stackmatch feeds the connected  antennas
in-phase, and their spacing would have to be adjusted to get
directivity.  The shields of all the feedlines are connected together
through the case of the stackmatch, and so the K8UR-type behavior cannot be
achieved with it.

73, Pete