Re: [CQ-Contest] Using ON4KST-chat

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Using ON4KST-chat
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 07:28:17 -0600 (CST)
I always have fun in the 10 GHz contest.  Last time, I set up along Lake
Michigan on beaches and shore points.  Some were crowded and the crowd got
curious about what I was doing.  I used 144 MHz liaison with the other end
for the microwave contacts.

I realized that in this high-tech world of cell phones, iPods etc., you
still just don't see people seting up dish antennas on tripods everywhere.
It's still a "beyond-state-of-the-art" type thing to the general public,
and is novel enough to draw a crowd.

I had fun demonstrating real microwave QSO's and telling them what I was
doing. I'll have to ask the local clubs in some of those areas if anyone
approached them with interest because of it.

73, Zack W9SZ