[CQ-Contest] VP6DX (Ducie) in ARRL DX CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] VP6DX (Ducie) in ARRL DX CW
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:01:21 -0800 (PST)
http://ducie2008.dl1mgb.com/news/index.php

News #16- 2008 Feb 15
Directly from Ducie Island:

ARRL DX CW contest starts soon. VP6DX will participate in a limited fashion:

    * On the CW contest bands 160, 80, 40, 20 15 and 10, we probably will not
be at the "normal" frequencies. Operators will pick a frequency based on band
conditions. Each operator will make his own decisions about split vs simplex
operation, depending on the situation at the time.

    * We will answer ALL callers (USA/VE and others), and send our contest
exchange and log the exchanges received from contest participants.

    * We won't be chasing multipliers and will not be able to handle pass
requests. If another band is open at all, we should have a signal there. Quick
QSYs to check non-open bands are time-consuming (manual filter and antenna
changes) and not a good use of our time on the island.

Meanwhile, other radios will be on non-contest bands and band segments; e.g.,
20m SSB or 30m RTTY. These non-contest segment operations will continue as they
have the last few days: split operations, with priority to difficult
propagation paths.

We anticipate no 20m RTTY or 40m SSB during the contest.

The contest ends at Feb 17/2359z and it will be late afternoon (4pm) here. 40m
will be just opening to Europe, and the low bands will open during the next
three hours.