Re: [CQ-Contest] Canadian Licensing

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Canadian Licensing
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 13:22:27 -0600
> Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:23:08 -0500
> From: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Canadian Licensing
> To: cq-contest@contesting.com
>
> Hi Charlie and everyone:
>
> I got a Canadian license based on materials from the RAC:
>
> RAC Study Guide for the Basic Exam
> RAC Advanced Study Guide (CD) Version 1.0
> Industry Canada Question Banks for Basic and Advanced Amateur
> Exams 3.0
>
> I did the question pools until I was scoring in the high
> 90% every time after reading the book and reviewing the CD.
>
> I actually went to Canada (PEI in my case) to take the test.
> They gave  me a brief CW test listening to a radio and the
> written exams.
>
> The advanced test asked the same question about the resonant
> frequency of an LC circuit (the reciprical of the square
> root of 2*pi*LC) what seemed like at least six times!  :-)
>
> They also required a CANADIAN mailing address.
>
> 73,
>
> Mark, KD4D/VY2MT

Hey Mark, thanks for the reply.  This is the sort of info I think he was
looking for.  I sent him the RAC webpage information and hopefully he'll
figure it all out.

Second question.  He seems to recall that they will be a Canadian License
testing session somewhere at Dayton this year.  I don't know if they did
this previously or not and if its still in practice, does anyone know?

On a side note Mark.  Your resources once again proved invaluable for my
work, thank goodness on your article of Gparted.  I've used it numerous
times.  Ran into a situation with a Dynamic disk this past week though, and
I guess Gparted cant handle those.  Man those things are trouble.

Thanks all
Charlie
Ki5xp