Re: [CQ-Contest] "best practices"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "best practices"
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:47:41 -0800
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 07:29:54PM -0500, Paul T. Antos wrote:

>  I was in the process of posing the same question. It seemed like
> the practice of correcting ones call could use a discussion. What I
> do is send DE WB2ABD 5NN exch , thinking that the DE MYCALL would
> alert the other station to tab back into the callsign field. Or I
> might just opt to send my call again with no exchange,

Unless I know I am loud, and he does not have many stations
calling I have generally decided that the best course of
action is to send only my callsign again until I hear him
send it correctly.

Never send your report and then you callsign - the other
guy will stop listening after hearing your report.

N5KO covered this pretty well in this posting a few years ago:

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/1997-11/msg00417.html

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net