Re: [CQ-Contest] Favorite Ploys

To: "Jimk8mr@aol.com" <Jimk8mr@aol.com>, n4zr@contesting.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Favorite Ploys
From: "Colleen Brakob" <cbrakob@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:03:44 -0700
Radiosport contesting is the only sport I know of where (while striving for
a high score ourselves) each competitor has a vested interest in giving a
score to the other participant of the moment.

As such, the idea of a "ploy" to test the other participant strikes me as
outside the spirit of the competition.  Why not just give a true signal
report without gimmicks or "ploys" to attempt to trip them up?

73, de Hans, K0HB/W7

Super
> Bowls, I had some fun using "49" as a report, in honor of that team's
> accomplishments.
>
> 73  -  Jim   K8MR
>

> In a message dated 2/22/2008 2:55:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> n4zr@contesting.com writes:
>
> My  favorite ploy for testing the skill of the other contester - throw in
> some  extra characters in each CW contest QSO, and whenever possible, add

> ambiguity.
>
> For example 5NN1TT TU ... and for extra credit, run the  TU in with the
> power number.
>
> Other fine examples from last weekend  --
>
> When S&P, be sure to send your own call before the exchange,  even if the
> other station got it right.  Make the other person  wonder.
>
> When someone asks you to verify your power, or a serial  number  - like
> "5W?" or "1239?" - never, never just send "R" - it's  much more fun to
> resend your power or serial number a few times, so he  thinks he must
have
> miscopied, and so another station will come along and  start CQing on the
> frequency while you're sending all  that.
>
> Lessee... there must be more favorites out  there.
>

> **************Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL Living.

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-du
ffy/