Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs

To: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Public access to logs
From: "Steve Harrisonusa" <k0xp@dandy.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:56:55 -0500 (EST)
> Hans I know how much you love to pull peoples chains so I'll bite:
> WHY?????
> If you have nothing to hide in your log why do you, or anyone else, care
> who
> looks at it. In your case, or mine, there are no hidden strategies, or
> ''''military'''' secrets. It's just a contest log. So what's the big
> deal????????????????
> I'm usually in the bottom somewhere and if my measly log is interesting to
> look at then anyone/everyone feel free to look.....
> Just my -2cents worth

For one thing, because the ARRL has said they will not allow DXCC credit
when either log containing a claimed new DXCC credit has been made public
in this way. CQ continues to fly in the face of this fact and I agree with
Hans and others: I, too, won't bother submitting my logs to CQ any longer
until this policy is rescinded. I want and need those DXCC credits and
don't feel like fighting the ARRL for what someone else did, such as CQ.

Steve, K0XP