Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL SSB DX Exchanges

To: Eric Hilding <b38@hilding.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL SSB DX Exchanges
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 22:45:35 -0800 (PST)
the next time just write  1000

Eric Hilding <b38@hilding.com> wrote: Just when I thought exchange power issues
couldn't get any worse than in the
ARRL CW DX Contest, along comes the SSB version.

I was given EIGHT different variations for 1,000w (apparently no one ran the
full legal limit?):

KW

KILO

KILOWATT

ONE K

ONE KW

ONE KILO

ONE KILOWATT

Unfortunately, the log-what-you-copy mantra did not always work, because I
could not enter the entire word KILOWATT into the power field - it was too
long.  The ONE KILOWATT exchange was off the charts.

What leaves me baffled is why anyone would want to use four syllables (ONE
KILOWATT) of valuable operating time instead of simply saying  (K).

Fortunately, the Space Shuttle program and other important things in life
don't operate with such inconsistencies as in Contesting.

73.

Rick, K6VVA

Hector Garcia XE2K / XF1K
   Mexicali B.C  DM22fp