[CQ-Contest] tr4w

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] tr4w
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:17:25 -0600
Hi all,

As a break from the tedium of solving all the world's problems by:
-standardizing cut numbers,
-admonishing CQ for publishing logs,
-admonishing ARRL for having their bowels in a knot over CQ publishing logs
-admonshing those who dare say kilowatt when they mean kilo
-etc.

I have a question that will really impact my contesting: how well does TR4W
work?

I downloaded the test copy, but I'm assuming things like sidetones et al
aren't available on the test copy. I ask instead of just downloading the
real thing simply because the answer to the question will decide whether to
swap out the old Windows-but-with-real-DOS machine for something from the
mid-1990s that would require moving to a Windows logger.

(I've tried WL and N1MM and others, but really like the way Tree thinks. I'd
like to implement the Windows version of TR if it works OK.) Plus, I have
some other purchases in mind that would be made more difficult to get past
the XYL if I had to go and buy more software...)

73, kelly
ve4xt