[CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations
From: Guy Molinari <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 02:07:49 +0000
I'm in a CC&R neighborhood.   Neither I nor my XYL and kids want to move.   So
the idea of a remote station appeals to me.   If the contest sponsors rule
against remote stations, then I'll just get in my car and drive there for
contest weekends.   The nice thing about this is that I won't need an internet
connection at the remote site.   No packet, no problem.   I'll just use my
radio to make QSO's.   No, seriously, it would be great to be able to use my
theoretical station for casual QSO's and working DX.   Actually driving to a
nice place in the country to play radio appeals to me.

I realize this may not work for everyone.   Just a thought.   Or more of a
dream perhaps.

73 - Guy, N7ZG