Re: [CQ-Contest] Does the KCDXC still do the pileup contest at Dayton?

To: k3ww@fast.net,CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Does the KCDXC still do the pileup contest at Dayton?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 17:04:22 -0400
At 02:15 PM 3/22/2008, Charles Fulp wrote:
>Since the Pileup contest will be held in the USA, I have considered
>applying for use of packet &/or skimmer for all portions of the tape
>above 1500 Hz., under the reasonable accomodation clause of the
>Americans With Disabilities Act.
>
>I will set on the side line and let those that can take advantage of a
>wide audio filter participate.   I would LOVE to see
>N4ZR set up his computer and produce a list based on one pass of the
>pile up tape through the "Skimmer".  If there were some side betting
>permitted, I believe I could find a few  guys that will beat it.
>
>73 Chas K3WW

I'd love to, Chas - but unfortunately Skimmer needs IQ-format data to do
its magic, and straight audio won't work.  One experiment I've been trying
is to run spots from Skimmer through a comparison to the latest master.dta
file, culling out the clinkers.  Come to think of it, that's what guys like
K3ZO do in their heads...

73, Pete N4ZR