Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY replace CW contesting??

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY replace CW contesting??
From: "Dale L Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:06:17 -0500
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:45:37 -0400
  "ku8e" <ku8e@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> WELL, I AGREE. SLOWLY BUT SURELY RTTY IS REPLACING SSB AND THEN CW
> CONTESTING

If that happens, better replace me, then.  I haven't done a lot of
RTTY contest (probably still less than 2k QSO's in RTTY contests).

I spent a couple of hours last weekend in BARTG.

Punching a couple of buttons was not really my idea of contesting.
 Sure, I had to tune for a new station.  But, once I found him and
clicked my Call button and he recognized me and sent his exchange, I
clicked my exchange button to him, it was done.

CQ runs were even less energetic:  Call CQ.  Click on a highlighted
callsign.  Send Exchange.  Software recognizes serial number and time
received and logs it.  Send TU button.  Yawn.

I felt more like an observer than a participant.

Give me CW any day.

73,
dale, kg5u