Re: [CQ-Contest] Lightning Protection

To: "'Ron Feutz'" <feutz@wctc.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Lightning Protection
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 21:33:22 +0000
I would recommend wearing a foil beanie when operating so that you are
protected not only from the rf exposure of being in the middle of that link,
but from the chance of lightning also following that path.  More info on the
effectiveness of a foil beanie can be found at:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net