[CQ-Contest] WPX exchange - 4O3A decision

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX exchange - 4O3A decision
From: Dave/KA1NCN <dave@ka1n.cn>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 05:21:21 -0700 (PDT)
>> it is not important and significant braking of rules and does not give any
>> advantage or change final score at all. Same as running 1780W instead 1500W
>> by rules

   So does ?QRP? now mean 100 watts?  After all, it probably doesn?t give much
of an advantage to an experienced operator with a superlative station?.

    Also (to combined multiple controversies into one), since packet doesn't
really give people much of an advantage, does this mean that it is considered
acceptable to use packet and say you didn?t?

 Please don?t get me wrong.  Like many Americans, I believe that there are many
?rules? or, if you prefer, ?laws? that we could do without.  However, the power
categories are what define the very nature of a category, and, the very nature
of a contest.  If I recall correctly, a political decision was made by the gods
of contesting to limit power worldwide to the American legal limit.  Was this
wise or American-centric?  Who knows?  But it was a considered decision made
for a fairly obvious reason: to put Americans on the same footing as people in
countries with higher power limits.

  Dave/KA1NCN -- Dave@KA1N.CN