Re: [CQ-Contest] Sunspots

To: Tom Osborne <w7why@verizon.net>, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sunspots
From: ALAN BRAUN <albraun@q.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:21:48 +0000
The way they do the sunspot calculation,  there is no way to have a number
between 0 and 10. It will be either 0 or 11, then go up from there. Look at
some of the old sunspot number archives & you'll see this. Flux is a better way
to get a linear relationship of activity at the low end. The lowest possible
flux number is 66.

Alan Braun NS0B