[CQ-Contest] NS Ladder V, Wk 6

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NS Ladder V, Wk 6
From: hounds1234@comcast.net (Bill Haddon - n6zfo)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:04:11 +0000
NS Ladder Week 6 happens this coming Thursday night.  See www.ncccsprint.com
for details.  Good time to join this summer fun event.

Newcomers division:    Last year we started the Newcomers Division, with with
wine (or suitable substitute) going to the winner.  This week starts the
competition run-up, with the award going to the station with the highest total
for 6  of the last 10 NS Ladder events.  So . . if you've been at all tempted
to try this snappy Thursday night contest, now's the time.  We're pleased to
have several new participants  and a new Section for NS Ladder, OK.  Welcome to
K5UV and KA3QLF.

 Scores are now posted through week 5 at http://www.ncccsprint.com/results.htm.
 Some interesting competition this year; be sure to look at both the total
score and average score in the table . . thus in the East of Ms R division,
Howie, N4AF is first in total points, but it is actually Steve, N9CK, with a
sizeably greater average score per week.  Reminder, we're counting the highest
12 scores out of 15 events this year.

Participation has been very good , but we can always use more competitors.  Be
sure to show up half an hour early at 0200Z (1900 PDST Thursday) for Mike,
W9RE's SNS.   And please submit your score report to WA7BNM's 3830 page at
http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

Note to participants:  we've scheduled an NS Ladder for the Dayton week (May
16)  . .if you'd like us to consider changing that date, please let me know.

73,
Bill N6ZFO
NS LAddder Conest Director