Re: [CQ-Contest] FQP 40 SSB Mobile Window and Activity

To: FLQSOParty@aol.com, CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM, fqp@kkn.net, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FQP 40 SSB Mobile Window and Activity
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:30:42 EDT

A good move.

First:  moving the frequency lower makes it easier to get a mobile  antenna
to tune at both CW and SSB.

Second: In the Michigan QSO Party last weekend, OM2VL was moving me from 40
CW to SSB, usually around 7188 to 7190. Most of the tries were successfully
completed. With more EU stations getting access up to 7200, there becomes a
whole new market out there if you operate SSB below 7200.

I'd suggest that any state party would do well by moving its suggested 40
meter SSB frequencies to 7200 or below.

GL this weekend!

73  -  Jim   K8MR    (W3USA/m in the  MiQP)

In a message dated 4/25/2008 7:04:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,