[CQ-Contest] SKIMMER = BUMMER

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SKIMMER = BUMMER
From: "Larry Schimelpfenig" <k7sv@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:06:40 -0400
>CW operators copy by ear because that's what CW
operators do.  Anyone who does it any other way
is a machine operator, a computer operator, a data
operator - describe it how you like, they're not
CW operators.

We can argue technology forever, but I think that Paul hit the nail on the
head. While cw may be looked at as a digital mode, historically it has been an
art as language is.

I have absolutely no problem with using packet or skimmer in the assisted mode
and it will probably draw new blood into CW contesting, but I think it would be
a shame if we didn't try to preserve the art of cw contesting.

73 de Larry K7SV