Re: [RTTY] Intentional CW QRM on 1808

To: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Intentional CW QRM on 1808
From: "Andrei Stchislenok" <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:37:59 -0400
Thanks Shelby - good idea.

Yesterday, despite of that idiot with CW QRM, I had a good productive
evening session.
I worked three new States for me - and rare ones as well - WV, VT and MA.
All guys said that CW QRM were plus 20 DB over S9. Seems to us that that guy
is located somewhere in East Coast.
We made a trick though, I worked one guy on 1810 and other guy was CQing and
taking the hit of QRM on 1808.
In any event, we beleive that 160 meters band belongs to all ham operators,
RTTY included.
And ot top of this, I received couple of coursing emails from anonymous,
regarding RTTY operations.
We invite all RTTY'ers on 1808 - magic band, with 100 watts and simple
antennas you can make really nice contacts with many States. We are
concentrating in a small segment of 160 meters - 1.807 - 1.811 MHz. There is
plenty of frequencies for CW and SSB fans.

See you on Top Band, guys. Currently, for two weeks I worked 12 States RTTY
and already have 9 of them confirmed in LoTW.
Wonder who will the very first One to achieve WAS RTTY on 160 meters - all
via LoTW?
I will be happy to be a sponsor of a special Plaque for this achievemnt.

It is time to conduct (or think about it) RTTY Sprint/QSO Party 4 hours on
RTTY? Any ideas?

73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D
p.s. see you all tonight at 1:30Z on 1808 RTTY.