Re: [CQ-Contest] Visalia Contest Dinner - thanks and a reminder

To: NCCC <nccc@contesting.com>, sccc@contesting.com, cq-contest@contesting.com, mldxcc@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Visalia Contest Dinner - thanks and a reminder
From: "jeff stai" <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 16:29:30 -0700
hi - I've received a few comments, which lead me to request some
additional feedback if any of you have it for me.

A common refrain was the poor quality of the beef, which I totally
concur with. In past years they had done pretty OK with the beef. I
suspect the poor quality may have something to do with trying to plate
chicken and beef at the same time. It's likely I will avoid the combo
plate next year.

However, one reason I went with the combo is that, with paypal I only
get to capture two options, which I used to capture your callsign, and
the number of veggie dinners. (This is the same system K3LR is using
with his Dayton dinner.) The combo was an attempt to satisfy both the
beef and chicken crowd.  By skipping the combo plate and staying with
a plated dinner, it's likely that next year will be a beef dinner with
veggie option (just like K3LR is doing.) Trying to capture multiple
dinner options in paypal will likely lead to great confusion.

One commenter heard that the topband dinner had a nice buffet. I have
toyed with the notion of running a buffet instead of plated dinner,
but I have been urged not to by several folks who have experienced
buffets running out of food before all had been served. Also, staging
tables with 180 people could be pretty tedious.

Any comments on any of this or anything else are cheerfully encouraged
and appreciated! 73 - jeff wk6i