Re: [CQ-Contest] 2009 schedule conflict

To: "John T. Laney III" <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2009 schedule conflict
From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 07:20:52 -0700
At 03:59 AM 5/5/2008, John T. Laney III wrote:
>It seems to me the obvious solution is to move CQ 160 SSB and NAQP RTTY
>to the split weekend of Feb 28-March 1.  What say, N2NT for CQ 160 SSB
>and Shelby, K4WW?  Split weekends are usually free of major two day
>contests.

As someone who strongly believes in scheduling contests on
predictable dates, I suggest tweaking the historical schedule of the
CQ-160 SSB and NAQP RTTY (February) contests as follows:

CQ-160 SSB: historically last full weekend in February, move to start
on the last Saturday in February
NAQP RTTY:  historically last full weekend in February, move to start
on the last Saturday in February

This schedule solves the 2009 conflict problem as K4BAI suggests,
eliminates the conflict in any future year (e.g. 2015) and maintains
a predictable schedule. In most years, these contests will still be
the last full weekend in February.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)