Re: [CQ-Contest] K1IR Enterprises Announces RoboRef (tm)

To: <k8gt@mi.rr.com>, Mike <nf4l@nf4l.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K1IR Enterprises Announces RoboRef (tm)
From: Jim Idelson <k1ir@designet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 08:42:32 -0400
Hi Gerry,

Thanks for your comments . . . I've received quite a few private emails [thanks
to all who replied]. All were positive and focused mainly on the humorous side
of this "march of technology" issue we are facing. Please note that every
feature/capability I included in the RoboRef(tm) description can be
accomplished with today's technology, as described in the SDR and Contesting
Forums. This thing is not far-fetched at all.

This weekend, we had Skimmer running with the RFSpace SDR during WPX CW. It
provided a clear advantage over tuning for stations manually, and it certainly
filled the bandmap with callsigns much faster than packet. Many stations
Skimmer picked up were never reported on packet [naturally], and everything
Skimmer picked up was also audible. Packet gives you information about
inaudible signals, which is also useful. It tells you about what your
competition is doing, what propagation paths are broken, and whether your
antennas are any good. I documented the experience with a few notes and
pictures in my blog. See www.k1ir.com.

73,

K1IR

> Charlie, you took the letters out of my mouth!

Yes, very funny (and creative).

73, Gerry, K8GT   Op of WY8DX this weekend.

---- Mike <nf4l@nf4l.com> wrote:

=============
Jim Idelson wrote:
> Please check out our new offering.