Re: [CQ-Contest] Growing New Contesters with LOTW - suddenly it's 1977ag

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Growing New Contesters with LOTW - suddenly it's 1977again
From: asciibaron@comcast.net (Steven Hanlon)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:01:50 +0000
 Bob W5OV wrote:

> I think removing the burden imposed on the person submitting a log to LOTW is
> where any effort should be directed.

the process of obtaining a certificate is a burden, and doubly so when your
hard drive fails and you don't have a backup of the certificate file.  ugh.
it's a huge PITA and so might feel it's not worth the extra effort - the
following logic is very easy to understand; i know who i worked, i don't need
to pay the ARRL to tell me i worked them...

-Steve, WM3O