Re: [CQ-Contest] Stack Switching

To: "'George Fremin III'" <geoiii@kkn.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Stack Switching
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 17:28:39 -0400
George,

Since you are dealing with monoband antennas the least expensive
solution might be in "Improved Stack Switching with Invisible
Stubs" by N4TZ/9 - NCJ Nov/Dec 2004.  Optimum matching for
"any of four" antennas requires an 8 position switch box
but a useful "compromise" match can be obtained with a six
position box.  A five position box is suitable for "any of
three" switching with compromise matching.

The five position box and an auxiliary relay to select between
the fixed SE and W antennas or the six position box might give
you what you are looking for with the resources already at hand.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV