Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:13:30 -0700
Hmmm, Joe, if I am not mistaken, you were very much against SO2R being in
the unassisted catagory.  I tried to find some of the old emails, but lost
them somewhere.  Maybe I'm wrong on that.

What is the difference between having another receiver running Skimmer in
the 'magic circle' and having another receiver running in the 'magic circle'
(you know, just a 'boy and his radio') and you are looking for mults the old
fashioned way?  Skimmer should not be assisted and SO2R should be assisted?
I'm confused now.  73
Tom W7WHY