[CQ-Contest] This is Logic? - comment

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] This is Logic? - comment
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:57:06 -0400

K0TO:

 >I think that there is little chance that anyone can remove our personal
opportunity to do the things you write of in your second paragraph below.
The only thing that they can do is hamper your ability to compare your
results with others who choose to operate in the same fashion as you have
operated.

         Of course your first sentence is correct, but
another key part of my enjoyment is in your second sentence.
I also enjoy comparing my single band QSO totals to multi-
multis but realize they usually have ~10% more mults due to
Packet, 2 operators, passing mults between bands, etc.

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/new_page_6.htm

But I also do enjoy *winning* against others in my category.
If Skimmer is allowed in unassisted, I will be forced to:

1.  Use Skimmer in self-defense (which I really don't want to do).
OR...
2.  Spot my competition ~10% in score due to Skimmer's higher mults.
OR...
3.  Opt out and go find another hobby.

         I don't really like any of these alternatives.  Maybe
I'll just cheat and use Packet but claim Unassisted since it will
be virtually impossible to detect the difference with Skimmer, if
it's allowed for Unassisted.  It might be poetic justice to scam
the Skimmers!  :-)

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV