[CQ-Contest] (CDE) HamIV Controller

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] (CDE) HamIV Controller
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:30:57 -0500
The meter on my CDE (HamIV) Controller will only read between the N in the
middle and the S on the left hand side, it will not move
to the S on the right side of the meter or past the N in the middle to the
right.

The rotor is turning all the way around and the resistance measurements on the
leads are good according to the manual.

There is a diode VR1 (on schematic) that has a reading of POS 5.32 VDC volts on
it's cathode and MINUS 6.94 VDC on it's anode, the
schematic in the manual says it should have POS 13VDC on the cathode, therefore
I am suspecting it is a Zener and it is bad, (it is
not shown in the parts list) although my experience with Zeners is they are
good or they are bad, does anyone have experience with
this issue with a Ham IV controller?

Power supply voltage off of the controller xfmr is 24VAC so this is correct.

   73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: LotW, BUR, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ
http://www.ad5vj.com/
Old Calls WB5ZQU, WY5L/KH3, KE5CTY, N5IET