[CQ-Contest] SO Unassisted Scores vs. SO with "Help" Scores

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO Unassisted Scores vs. SO with "Help" Scores
From: Jeff Steinman <n5tj@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:21:50 -0500

It's true that in most years, for CQ WW and ARRL DX, the highest single
operator all band score comes from the operator who is Unassisted. But I do not
believe that means "Help", call it packet or skimmer or other, is not a
valuable tool to increase scores. And in fact I believe that if the guys
winning single op Unassisted today used "Help" they would continue to win, and
at a score higher than if they did NOT use "Help".

It's just that they operate Unassisted because they like to find stations on
their own, the old fashioned way.

73,

Jeff N5TJ