Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day 2008

To: <k3lr@k3lr.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day 2008
From: "Pat Hoppe" <phoppe@wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:13:45 -0500
We started an amateur radio club at our college this past spring.  I offered
to have the new club join another club for field day.  They asked if they
could do it themselves.  So if you work N9GTC this week-end, keep in mind
that the entire club is brand new to amateur radio..  We have 5 newly
licensed hams and 9 folks working on their ticket.  I am the only one of
them that has ever been on the air.  We won't make the most contacts, but
every one of our club members will have time behind the mic and they will
make their first QSO.

If you hear N9GTC on cw Saturday night from midnight to 6:00 am, that will
be me. :)

See you in the mix,

Pat
WW9R, club trustee for N9GTC