Re: [CQ-Contest] Log question

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log question
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:47:33 -0700
W7WHY asks:

> What happens when:
>
> 1.  W7AA calls CQ
> 2.  W7BB answers but logs call as W7AAA.
> 3.  W7AA gets credit for contact?
> 4.  W7BB gets a NIL for wrong call?
>
> Then later:
>
> 1.  W7AA calls CQ again
> 2.  W7AA goes ahead and works him again for a dupe (0 points)
> 3.  W7BB gets credit for a good call
>
> Does W7AA get credit for the first contact?
>
> Then on the next contact, W7AA doesn't get credit for contact but W7BB does?

I can answer this for the contests I check (SS, sprints, Stew, CQ160):

In the first case - the call should be identified as a busted call when
doing the cross check from the W7AA log into the W7BB log.  Where it excepted
to find W7AA - it finds W7AAA around the same time.  It will count this as
a verified QSO for W7AA and a busted call for W7BB.

If the second step happens - W7AA will have a dupe in his log - and the QSO
won't be checked.  In W7BB's log - the QSO will count.  It isn't a dupe
and it matches up to W7AA's log.

If W7AA removed the dupe QSO, then W7BB would likely end up with a NIL.

Sometimes - the first QSO doesn't appear in one of the logs.  In this case,
the program will try to match up the second QSOs and count the first one
as the dupe.

Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net