[CQ-Contest] IC756 ProIII - unexpected shutdown

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] IC756 ProIII - unexpected shutdown
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:24:42 EDT
My ProIII abruptly shutdown 20 hours into the IARU contest.  After  about 20
or 30 seconds it came back on without me pushing the Power  button.  It then
worked ok for about 5 minutes, and shutdown again.   It did this several times,
each time coming back on of its own accord after  an increasingly shorter
time of shutdown.  After a few minutes of  this, I replaced the ProIII with a
spare ProII, and finished  the last 4 hours of the contest without incident.

If anyone has experienced this with a 756Pro (I, II or III), pse contact me
directly.

73, Geo...

George  Wagner, K5kg
941-400-1960 cell