[CQ-Contest] open logs: RIGHT vs WRONG

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] open logs: RIGHT vs WRONG
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:18:34 +0000 (GMT)
Dear everybody,

Please temper your statements by including the phrase, "in my opinion."

I do not mean to "pick on" W4TV, but I in my opinion, his statement (below) is
a good example:

"To compel that permission as a condition of entry is absolutely wrong."

In my opinion, this is clearly an opinion, yet is stated as fact.
The only "facts" are whatever is documented.

Not to pick on K1TTT, but he did use actual citations from both CQ and ARRL.
In my
opinion, that is fact and can be stated as an absolute.  Naturally, each
citation is
still subject to individual interpretation (opinion), and each is free to
express their
perspective.  But please, don't couch opinion as fact.  Just say, "in my
opinion."
I think that it will help to tone things down.

Thanks for reading my perspective/opinion.  :-)

de Doug KR2Q