Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Open Logs - Time for the next step?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL and Open Logs - Time for the next step?
From: "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:19:54 -0600
> But I could make a pretty good argument that those logs are a private
> document transacted between me and the scoring team, and that any public
> or
> 3rd-party disclosure beyond that needed for the "scoring process" is an
> abuse of that privacy.  Reasonable people have disagreed with me, but none

You could claim copyright because you created the log albeit with the help
of a program. However, the sponsor need only put a statement in the rules
indicating that by submitting a log copyright is automatically assigned to
the sponsor. An author assigning copyright to a publisher is a common
occurrence. If you disagree with the policy then don't submit your log

... Sylvan

Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK