[CQ-Contest] DX Doubler and contesting

To: Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] DX Doubler and contesting
From: Michael Dinkelman <mwdink@eskimo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:30:26 -0700
Hello All

Reviewing the documentation on the Web page, how do others
handle using this device with two audio sources (soundcard DVP
and the microphone)?

The diagram in the manual seems to indicate putting them
in parallel. That doesn't look right. My homebrew SO2R
box uses switches a relay between the sources and I
transformer isolate the DVP audio.

Also, does anybody modify their DX Doubler so you can use
a remote switch box to switch the receive audio? Don't like
the idea of reaching up to throw the switch for
left/right/both. (I like mine on the desk.)

Looks like a great device, just a couple issues of concern
before I spend that kind of money.

While we are at it, are there other common mods to
the device?

73
dink, N7WA