Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex Radio as in the Flex-5000 is it readyforPrime time

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex Radio as in the Flex-5000 is it readyforPrime time Contesting ??? esp SO2R
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:12:24 -0500
Tobias,

Thank you kindly for sharing this information. I have recently purchased
a Flex 5000 and as I plan to deploy it at 6Y1V in some capacity I am
eager to review your presentation.

David ~ KY1V

-----------

Independency of the Human-Machine-Interface (HMI) is one of the biggest
advantages of software defined radios. Right now there might be only the
Griffin knob available, but be sure, that in less than a year there will
be
much more controls available.

During my presentation about "SDR & Contesting", hold this year at the
hamfest in Friedrichshafen, I showed alternative products which might
satisfy much more the needs of a SO2R station. A good example is the
Herkules DJ-Console.

See http://www.dh1tw.de

Keep in mind that there are no more limitations regarding the HMI with a
software defined radio!

Free your mind and design your own radio interface!

73 Toby
EA4/DH1TW