[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX LCR - they remove Uniques?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX LCR - they remove Uniques?
From: kr2q@optimum.net
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:49:21 +0000 (GMT)
Maybe I'm just a mile out of touch, but I checked my LCR for the ARRL DX (cw)
and I
discovered that I lost a QSO (just one) because the QSO was flagged as a Unique.

I have scanned all of the ARRL rules (general, HF, specific to this contest)
and I see no
mention of the word "unique" anywhere.  While I personally agree that 99% of
uniques
worked by USA stations in a DX contest are actually busted calls, I am
surprised to see
that I got dinged for this (unexpected).

Is this policy in the rules anywhere?  If yes, please point me to it (senior
moment?).

thanks!

de Doug KR2Q