Re: [CQ-Contest] 2008 ARRL DX Phone Results and opting out

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2008 ARRL DX Phone Results and opting out
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 17:54:38 -0400
Well...

Are you saying that, next year after I win millions in the lottery and out
of boredom start my own radio-related widget business...

... if I go to the advertising department of QST and offer to buy one or two
full page ads at a premium price, in return for (a) full coverage of the
Solar System-Wide DX Contest, with the extra pages that were cut years ago
restored, and (b) that the ads be placed within the coverage...

... and in this unlikely, hypothetical example was willing to pay whatever
price (in cash, in advance) neccesary to get this accomplished, including a
premium to make it profitable...

...even if it was in NCJ instead of QST, or even if it was both...

... that the advertising department would turn me down out of hand because
the statistics tell them that there wouldn't be enough readers to make it
worthwhile?

There's always a way.