Re: [CQ-Contest] Some thoughts on uniques, was: 99% of uniques are buste

To: <wn3vaw@verizon.net>, "'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Some thoughts on uniques, was: 99% of uniques are busted
From: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 22:05:07 -0000
If you were the only person (of those who submitted a log) to work that call
then it would show up as a unique.  But, that doesn't mean that it would be
removed from your log (or score).

When you look at the list of active calls that were reported from one
contest, it is amazingly easy to see the ones that are obvious busts of an
active call.  Then there are all the rest.  Contest sponsors have
traditionally leaned toward giving the benefit of the doubt for these.

That said, there are some contests that do remove all unique QSOs.  So no
universal truths on this subject.

Randy, K5ZD