[CQ-Contest] how precious

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] how precious
From: mike l dol dormann <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:41:26 -0700
Well, the KCJ contest is over, and I  am again moved at how precious each
contest QSO is.  With antennas not completely rebuilt from last winter's
storms, a barely working super pro, a 304TH final that automatically goes
into tune mode at random times, and having to answer persons not in the
contest telling me that my ARC5 VFO is drifting.

Last night I was hearing more than the usual summer QRN and started to
see flashes of light come through the shack window. I shut down and as
walking back to the house, I saw a bolt of lightning. That close. Time to
go snuggle with the wife.

160M - 0
80M - 0
40M - 13