Re: [CQ-Contest] 2007 CQWW CW UBN/NIL Access

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2007 CQWW CW UBN/NIL Access
From: "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 12:28:00 +0000
I just got my CQWW CW UBNs and took a fast look at it.

It appears that it has the same problem as the CQWW Phone Contest
where the log checking software incorrectly counts the band changes
for M/S causing band change errors. I haven't printed everything out
to confirm this 100%, but it sure looks like the same old problem,
again. I will have time to study it close after this weekend.

My question is why does the CQWW committee ignore the discussion that
we had, in length, about the incorrect log checking for the CQWW
Phone and do the same thing all over again for the CQWW CW? They have
had a month or more to do something about this.

And please don't tell me that it doesn't change my standing in the
final listings and nothing can be done. Because it does affect me
tremendously in my point gathering for WRTC qualification.

Or maybe nobody cares if they get it right.

73, Richard - K5NA