Re: [CQ-Contest] RX bandpass filters

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RX bandpass filters
From: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:35:24 -0400
My single tower SO2R station (disassembled last year) used a set of NQN
filters and stubs.  I also used an ICE 419 in the Beverage line for low
bands.  With that setup, I was successful with any band combination,
except direct second harmonics.  For example, if I was on 7005, I
couldn't hear well on 14010 plus/minus 10.  Also important is using 100%
shielded coax in the the shack.  I used LMR240 on the low power side and
LMR400 on the high power side.
Barry W2UP